Using the technique of wet felting students will design and create their own bag with loads of personality. We will learn how to imagine and draw out our design then create a template with the correct size and dimension. Each bag will have at least one pocket for those smaller objects. Students will learn how to create dimension and space in their base.
Make a bag for yourself or a gift for yourself or someone special
See more of Pam's work on her website www.pamdegroot.com
TUTOR Pam de Groot
VENUE 12 Argyle place, Millers Point Sydney 2000
DATE 9th/10th March
TIME 10.00am - 4.30pm
What to Bring
piece of bubble wrap approx 800mmx1m. some small pieces as well.
- Thin plastic (cheap painters drop sheet) 2x bubble size
- 1m resist material. (white floor underlay the cheapest from Bunnings.)
- 1/2 an old sheet
- 500g 22 mic merino wool tops (sliver). Varying colours, have more of one colour, this will be your base. (This is more than you will need but it gives you choice.) Contact email@example.com for stockists.
- Bar of soap, small ice cream container, ball brause or similar sprinkler for water.
- Selection of fibres (if you want to) to add in. ie silk top, mohair, silk hankies, spun wool, silk fabric, muslin etc. (no synthetics, make sure silk is from 3.5 mommie to 5.5 mommie range. This will felt in with little difficulty, you can try the hard ones later)
- Bring a few old towels
- Paper and pencils, tape measure, permanent texta
- Scissors with a sharp point